diumenge, 20 de novembre del 2011

Rowing

I have playing volleyball all my life, but this summer I didn’t work and I decided to try rowing. A lot of friends are in the rowing team of Empuriabrava and they said to me if I could help her because Lydia had to work and she couldn’t go to some races.

At first I was very nervous because I had never rowed but with two or three weeks of training I was ready to the races.

My first race was in Flix (South Catalonia). It was a river with a lot of current and it was difficult but finally we finished in the second position. That was very good for my first race!



The second one was in Deltebre (also in South Catalonia). This time we finished in the first position. It was very important to win because if we won, we could win the league. Winnig this race we placed ourselves in the second position of the league and the first team only had one point more than us.

THE FINAL.


Our league was very interesting because in the last race two teams could win the title. This time I was very very very nervous because to row isn’t like volleyball. In volleyball if you lose a point you can recuperate it and the matches last about two hours. But rowing is defferent. You only have five minutes to demostrate you level and if you do a mistake is difficult to overcome.

But everything finished well. We won the race and the league. It was incredible! I only had rowed for two months and I was the league’s winner!

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada