dimarts, 6 de març del 2012

Saint Georges Day


This composition is a criticism about the typical catalan costumes of Saint Georges Day.

In Catalonia, on 23rd of April, couples give presents each other. It’s similar to Saint Valentine Day but with one difference. Men give roses to their partner and women give books. I don’t understand why women have to make the difficult present. It is easier to buy a red rose, you don’t need to think about what kind of books does he like, or what happens if you partner hates reading? What is supposed to do the girl? She is “obliged” to buy a book, she can’t give another present in Saint Georges day, so she will buy it although she knows her boyfriend won’t read it.

It’s a waste of time and MONEY (very important with the crisis we are living with)!

I suggest a change. We could try to reverse the papers. What would you think if I give a rose to my boyfriend and I receive a book?

Well, for me, what people think is not important so I have decided that I will give a rose!

Maybe this idea seems funny, but I have a BIG BIG BIG problem coming soon. I like topics my partner hates… and he likes politic and economy books. I definitely can’t make a good present if I have to decide between these topics so, yes, we will be the first couple that skips the Saint George’s rules.


Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada